Jump to navigation
Benton, Lewis Herbert (1872-1939)
Photograph of the Devon railroad station in the town of Milford, Connecticut, taken by Lewis Herbert Benton. [This description provided by Richard A. Fleischer: Formerly called Naugatuck Junction, the station at Devon, Connecticut, was where the Naugatuck Railroad joined the New York & New Haven Railroad main line. The bridge crossing the nearby Housatonic River is at the left. This photograph was taken a few years after 1914 when the main line electrification from New York was extended to New Haven, Connecticut.]
Naugatuck Junction (inhabited place)
Box 1:folder 68
Benton no. 1005
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, CC BY-NC.
Francis D. Donovan Papers